To join us, please send your CV to email@example.com
CTO (Chief Technology Officer) – Euro Media Group
Euro Media Group (EMG) is a European leader in media and broadcast facilities, active locally in eight countries; France, Belgium, the Netherlands, Germany, United Kingdom, Luxemburg, Switzerland and Italy. EMG has an ambitious external growth strategy.
EMG combines unique know-how and world-renowned expertise to master the entire value chain from image creation to distribution. The Group is a valued partner for major international events including the Tour de France, UEFA Euro Championships, FIFA World Cup and Formula One, Golf European Tour, Asian Games, major European Football Leagues, etc.
We are looking for a CTO to develop and oversee our technological roadmap & strategy.
This position is a member of the Group’s management team, reports to the Group CEO(‘s) and has primary working relations with the Group technical & sales team & the local CTO’s. The direct reports are a deputy CTO, a CDO (digital) and a CIO (innovation), managing all human resources in building the group technical team.
Principle responsibilities include:
- Develop & execute technology strategy
- Mainly built around the transition of the traditional broadcast workflow into a connected IP architecture
- Implement Connectivity solutions
- Account for Capex Management & Reporting
- Keep market awareness & relationship with vendors & technology partners
- Evangelisation of group solutions to local CTO’s
- Support our M&A strategy
The CTO and his/her team will account for the following domains:
Technology Development & strategies:
- Technological transition: SMPTE 2110 to NMOS
- Objective 2020/ IP production
- New standards and equipment UHD/HDR/Video servers etc.
- Simplified production tools
- Remote and cloud production
- Added services: content management etc.
- Capex management and reporting
- Cooperation with procurement
- Cooperation with the EMG equipment pool
- Support M&A transactions
- Internal & external communication on technical matters
- Technological survey
- Vendors relationship
- Partnership management (SDN2/Simplylive/vendors)
- Management of the local CTO’s, evangelization & implementation of group solutions
- Technical integration projects & synergies following acquisitions
Management & Reporting on:
- Digital (apps & OTT) & Graphics
- Business Unit RF including R&D RF
- Specialist & Highspeed camera department
- Added value services: play out, mam etc.
- Various group projects: standardization, new business model (Opex/Capex)
- OB Truck Fleet
- Remote Operation Centers
- Technical support to the bid teams for international projects
- Support & technical coordination on country & international projects
- Proven technology background in the broadcast industry, including broadcast IT/IP knowledge
- Strong technical, creative, strategic, analytical and organizational skills
- Strong management & communication skills, working in an international environment
- Perfect English with excellent written and spoken business communication skills. Knowledge of French, Dutch, German and/or Italian is an advantage
- Ability to manage multiple complex projects at a time
- Entrepreneurial mindset
- Ability to work within tight deadlines and budget
The position can be based in Paris suburb (FR), Vilvoorde (B), Hilversum (NL), or London suburb (UK). Regular travel to other subsidiaries & events is required.
Please send your CV and covering letter, which will be treated confidentially, to: firstname.lastname@example.org